Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Years' I Don't Remember Pt.3

Content Warning: This article mentions topics such as sexual assault, anxiety, depression, and death. "If you’re thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, the Lifeline network is available 24/7 across the United States. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline  (1-800-273-8255)." 

A boy in my grade named Zane called me one night and left a voicemail on my phone. "No one would care if you killed yourself", he said. Surprisingly, I had the confidence to tell my mom and her friend about the frightening voicemail I had received. There we were in the school classroom listening to the voicemail in awe. No one ever reported the voicemail and I regret not doing it myself. I will never forget that my mother never did anything about it and I don't know if I can ever forgive her for that. 



*Names were changed to protect the privacy of others

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts, comments, and questions here!